A home warranty is a service that helps cover costly repairs on things like plumbing, appliances, and heating and air conditioning systems. Your house is one of the biggest purchases you’ve made and it’s important to keep it protected. Whether that’s normal wear and tear or an unexpected break down of a system or an appliance, a home warranty can cover the repair costs.
With so many home warranty providers out there, it can be hard to know which one is the best for you and your home. At House Method, we’ve done the research, talked to the companies, dug into their service agreements, and reviewed customer feedback.
In this comprehensive guide, we compare the best home warranty companies of 2020 to help homeowners find the right plan at an affordable cost. Keep reading to compare home protection plans, browse home warranty reviews, and choose the right coverage for you and your home.
- Choice Home Warranty (CHW): Editor’s choice
- American Home Shield (AHS): Best customizable plans
- Select Home Warranty: Most cost-effective plans
- First American Home Warranty (FAHW): Best HVAC coverage
- America’s First Choice Home Club (AFC Home Club): Best workmanship guarantee
- The Home Service Club: Best for immediate coverage
- 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty: Best for new construction homes