DIY or Hire
Many homeowners automatically believe that if you do the installation work yourself, the overall cost of installing hardwood floors is going to be cheaper. But this isn't necessarily true. Hire a professional to properly install your hardwood floors and make sure they perform at their best.
- While it's easier to install engineered hardwood than traditional hardwood, this option is more expensive
- Square or rectangular rooms are much easier to navigate and plan by yourself
- Professionals have more experience installing traditional hardwood floors
- For rooms that have tricky angles or curves, it's best to hire an expert to navigate the space
- Experts will have the necessary tools to efficiently complete installation of your hardwood floors
- You'll be able to avoid potential speed bumps caused by user error if you hire a professional